* WGs marked with an * asterisk has had at least one new draft made available during the last 5 days

Bess Status Pages

BGP Enabled ServiceS (Active WG)
Rtg Area: Alvaro Retana, Deborah Brungard, Martin Vigoureux | 2014-Oct-17 —  
Chairs
 
 


IETF-103 bess minutes

Session 2018-11-05 1350-1550: Meeting 2 - Audio stream - bess chatroom

Minutes

minutes-103-bess-01 minutes



          BESS Working Group Agenda, IETF103 Bangkok
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          13:50-15:50 Monday November 5, 2018 Afternoon session I, Meeting 2
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          
          Chairs: Matthew Bocci, Stephane Litkowski
          Minutes: Mankamana Mishra
          
          
          1. Working Group Status                               Chairs, 15 min
          ==========================
          * No RFC published since last IETF.
          * 4 in Queue to RFC editor
          * 3 document in AD review
          * 1 document in IESG review
          * 3 documents ready for WGLC (Detail at end of this document)
          
          * chairs Proposal to have periodic document status report:
          
              Martin: it is good to try out.
              Loa : something similar is being done in MPLS.  One of the challenge
                    which MPLS WG has experienced, Reports does not come for
                    documents which has some issue.
              Martin: it would be add extra work for chairs .
                      periodic progress report of document would be good to have.
              Action Item: Mankamana to talk to Tarek & come with plan to make
              progress about periodic progress.
          
          
          * draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway
              No update provided in session
          
          * draft-ietf-bess-nsh-bgp-control-plane
              No update provided in session
          
          * draft-ietf-bess-evpn-irb-mcast
              Jeffery : draft has been going through update. By next IETF it would
              be ready.
          
          * draft-ietf-bess-evpn-bum-procedure-updates
              Jeffery: It is ready for WGLC, but there is no implementation.
          
          * draft-ietf-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery
              Patrice : it would be ready to move forward .
          
          * draft-ietf-bess-evpn-per-mcast-flow-election
              Mankamana: Need to make some update in document.
              Implementation does exist, would be ready for WGLC by next IETF.
          
          * draft-ietf-bess-evpn-virtual-segment
              Ali: pretty much done, should be ready for WGLC.
          
          * draft-ietf-bess-evpn-pref-df
              No update provided in session
          
          *draft-ietf-evpn-vpws-fxc
              Ali: should be ready for WGLC.  If there are any comment unresolved,
              author would go through & make changes.
          
          * YANG models: L2VPN, L3VPN,EVPN => target to send them to IESG before
          next IETF ?
              Patrice: it need to be closed.
              Steven: do you agree to comment on mailer list.
              Patrice : Agrees to steven comment.  Document would be ready for
              WGLC before next IETF & Yang doc review.
          
          * Errata ID 5523 on RFC7432
              Action Item:  Ali to resubmit.
          
          2.  draft-gmsm-bess-evpn-bfd-01                        Donald Eastlake
          5 min
          New version to be  submitted soon. would be ready for WG adoption.
          
          3.  draft-salam-bess-evpn-oam-req-frmwk-01             Donald
          Eastlake         10 min
              mailing list comment has been addressed. Ready for WG adoption.
              Ali: Its ready for WG call.
              Greg: this document is foundation, so it good to have WG call.
              Room thinks , its ready for adoption.  Need to be follow up on
              mailing list.
          
          4.  draft-skr-bess-evpn-redundant-mcast-source-00      Jorge
          Rabadan           10 min
              Ali:  is DF election for particular (S,G). since per flow DF
                  election exist, can we leverage per flow DF election.
                  Since DF election is for ingress traffic.
                  Current DF election is limited to per ES,
                  and per flow would provide more granularity.
              Stig : does it work only for SM or works for SSM too
              Jeffery: it would work for SSM and SM both.
              Stig: it did require certain deployment to have group address.
              Can we signal per (S,G)
              Jeffery: it was thought about, it would be hard to implement.
              Source prefix would be good option.
          5.  draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-ac-aware-bundling-00       Mankamana
          Mishra        10 min
              Steven: how is it different from Vlan aware service
              Ali: it would avoid having multiple IRB interface . some platform
              might
                  not be able to support high number of bride domain,
                  this solution provides solution to those platforms. But
                  customers are
                  ready to make sure MAC are unique across different subnet.
              Sami: how would BUM traffic be forwarded.
              Ali: This solution is going to work for IRB solution.
          
          6.
          draft-sajassi-bess-secure-evpn-00                  Ali
          sajassi             10 min
              Linda: p2mp, there is already draft about SD-WAN. Do you see this
              is similar as other draft ?
              Ali: Term PE is used as C-PE . if needed, clarification can be added.
              Steven: is this same as Erics draft ?
              Ali: this draft is solving completing different problem
              statement. There is no overlap.
              Steven: We do not want to have multiple solution for same problem
              statement.
              Keyur: There is separate work going on in L3VPN. We should see if
              it can be made generic.
          
          
              It would be good to get comment in mailing list.
          
          7.  draft-keyupate-bess-evpn-virtual-hub-01            Ali
          sajassi             5 min
              Ali: its ready for WG call.
          
          8.  draft-brissette-bess-evpn-l2gw-proto-01            Luc
          Andre               10 min
              Would need comments & feedback from working group.
          
          9.  Draft-Boutros-geneve-evpn-03                       Sami Boutros
          5 min
              Keyur:At EBGP boundary when next hop changes ,there is text needed to
              address this case.  Draft has to say it explicitly.
              Sami: This would be addressed.
              Sam: send draft to NVO working group for comment
          
          10. draft-brissette-bess-evpn-mh-pa-01           
               Patrice Brissette       10 min
              Steven: Do we need to have adoption call.
              Luc : Yes
          
          11.
          draft-ietf-bess-evpn-yang-06                       Patrice Brissette       5
          min
              After new update, it would be ready for LC.
          
          12. draft-www-bess-yang-vpn-service-pm-00              Qin
          Wu/Roni Even        10 min
              Ready for WG adoption.
          
          
          --------------
          Action Items:
          --------------
          
          Chairs:
          -------
          
          WG Adoption Call:
              * draft-gmsm-bess-evpn-bfd-01
              * draft-salam-bess-evpn-oam-req-frmwk-01
              * draft-keyupate-bess-evpn-virtual-hub-01
              * draft-brissette-bess-evpn-mh-pa-01
              * draft-www-bess-yang-vpn-service-pm-00
          
          WG LC:
              * draft-ietf-bess-evpn-bum-procedure-updates
              * draft-ietf-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery
              * draft-ietf-bess-evpn-virtual-segment
          
          Check status on draft:
              * draft-ietf-bess-datacenter-gateway
              * draft-ietf-bess-nsh-bgp-control-plane
          
          Authors:
          -------
          
            Ali:
               * update draft-ietf-evpn-vpws-fxc before WGLC
               * Errata need to refile on RFC7432
               * update draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-proxy  before WGLC
          
           Patrice:
               * Need to update draft-ietf-bess-evpn-yang-06 before WGLC
          
           Jeffery:
               * draft-ietf-bess-evpn-irb-mcast author need to update document
               before WGLC
          
           Mankamana:
               * draft-ietf-bess-evpn-per-mcast-flow-election need to updated
               before WGLC.
          
           Sami:
               * Need to address comment provided by members on draft
               Draft-Boutros-geneve-evpn-03
          
          



Generated from PyHt script /wg/bess/minutes.pyht Latest update: 24 Oct 2012 16:51 GMT -