* WGs marked with an * asterisk has had at least one new draft made available during the last 5 days

6tisch Status Pages

IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e (Active WG)
Int Area: Suresh Krishnan, Terry Manderson | 2013-Oct-08 —  
Chairs
 
 


IETF-102 6tisch minutes

Session 2018-07-18 1330-1500: Duluth - Audio stream - 6tisch chatroom

Minutes

minutes-102-6tisch-01 minute



          # Minutes, IETF 102 6TiSCH WG Meeting #
          
          Note: these minutes are formatted using Markdown.
          
          Agenda and Meeting Information
          ==============================
          
          ```
          Meeting        :   IETF 102 Wednesday 18 July 2018
          Time           :   13:30-15:00 Montreal Time Afternoon session I (90min)
          Location       :   Duluth Room, Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth, Montreal
          Agenda         :
          https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/agenda-102-6tisch
          Meeting Slides :   https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials.html
          
          Etherpad       :
          http://etherpad.tools.ietf.org/p/notes-ietf-102-6tisch?useMonospaceFont=true
          
          Meetecho       :   http://www.meetecho.com/ietf102/6tisch/
          Audio stream   :   http://ietf102streaming.dnsalias.net/ietf/ietf1022.m3u
          
          
          Chairs         :   Pascal Thubert
                             Thomas Watteyne
          Responsible AD :   Suresh Krishnan
          
          WG URLs        :   http://tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/
                             https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/
                             https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch
                             https://bitbucket.org/6tisch
          
           Intro and Status
              * Note-Well, Blue Sheets, Scribes, Agenda Bashing
              * Status of the work, link with other WGs
              * 6TiSCH Interop event 26-27 of June in Paris               [10min]
                (chairs)
          
           Chartered items
          
              * draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol-12                        [5min]
              13.40
                (Xavi Vilajosana, remote)
                goal:  IESG LC status
          
              * draft-chang-6tisch-msf-02                                 [10min]
              13.45
                (Tengfei Chang or Simon Duquennoy)
                goal: prepare for WG adoption
          
              * draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-06                     [25min]
              13.55
                (Malisa Vucinic, remote)
                goal: present changes in -06 and discuss WGLC comments
          
              * draft-ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-zerotouch-join-02            [10min]
              14.20
                (Michael Richardson)
                goal: progress status
          
              * draft-richardson-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon-00     [10min]
              14.30
                (Michael Richardson)
                goal: call for adoption
          
           Unchartered items, time permitting
          
              * draft-vilajosana-6tisch-globaltime-01                      [5min]
              14.40
                (Xavi Vilajosana)
                goal: discuss interaction with minimal security
          
              * draft-munoz-6tisch-multiple-phys                           [5min]
              14.45
                (Jonathan Munoz)
                goal: info
          
              * retransmission algorithm IEEE 802.15.4-2015                [5min]
              14.50
                (Yasuyuki Tanaka)
                goal: information sharing
          
              * status of the 6lo fragmentation design team (Thomas)       [5min]
              14.55
          
              * AOB                                                          [QS]
              14.00
          
           Total scheduled time                                          90/90min
          ```
          
          Volunteers
          ==========
          
          * notetaker 1:   Simon Duquennoy
          * notetaker 2:   Yasuyuki Tanaka
          * Jabber scribe: Rahul Jadhav
          
          Action items
          ============
          
          * **chairs** to open a 1-week WG adoption call for
          draft-chang-6tisch-msf.
          * **Malisa Vucinic** to keep the group informed on CoAP proxy resolution
          meeting/102/materials
          * **Michael Richardson** to publish new IETF -00 version of
          draft-ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-zerotouch-join.
          * **chairs** to announce adoption of extended beacon draft
          
          Summary
          =======
          
          (This summary is also posted in the INT area wiki,
          https://trac.ietf.org/trac/int/wiki/IETF102)
          
          During IETF102, the 6TiSCH WG had one WG meeting and 2 side meetings
          
          The WG meeting covered 7 drafts, one presentation was done without a
          draft:
          
          * `draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol-12` is in IESG LC. The authors produced
          version -12 to answers all comments.
          * `draft-chang-6tisch-msf-02` now integrates the mechanisms from
          `draft-duquennoy-6tisch-asf`. A 1-week WG adoption call was started,
          finishing on 25 July 2018. The draft's state is now "Candidate for WG
          Adoption: Proposed Standard"
          * `draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-06` triggered the most discussion
          in the session. The draft, for was in WGLC for 2 weeks, triggered 7
          reviews. The editor of the draft detailed those and detailed how he
          would address those. WG state changed to "In WG Last Call" with tag
          "Revised I-D Needed - Issue raised by WGLC".
          * `draft-ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-zerotouch-join` was presented briefly
          by Pascal Thubert in the absence of the editor.
          * `draft-richardson-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon` was presented by
          Pascal Thubert in the absence of the editor. A 2-week call for adoption
          was concluded mid-June with no objections. This document is now adopted
          by the WG.
          * progress on `draft-vilajosana-6tisch-globaltime` was presented. Some
          technical discussions. No action from the WG at this point.
          * new draft `draft-munoz-6tisch-multiple-phys` was presented on
          generalizing 6TiSCH to multiple PHYs. No action from the WG at this
          point.
          * A technical "liaison" presentation to highlight some
          inconsistencies/remarks in the IEEE802.15.4 standard.
          
          Two side meetings took place about the Stateless-Proxy CoAP option
          `draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-06` proposes. Discussions involved
          the main contributors as well as CORE and 6TiSCH chairs. An agreement
          was reaching on how to move forward.
          
          Miscellaneous:
          * Because of a last-minute plane cancellation, Thomas Watteyne co-chair
          remotely; Pascal Thubert was in the room.
          
          Minutes
          =======
          
          * [13:31] Meeting starts
              * WG co-chair Thomas Watteyne is remote (plane canceled)
              * Note-Well, Scribes
              * Agenda: flexible time for Malisa
              * Status of the work, link with other WGs
                  * 6TiSCH is closely linked to 6lo, ROLL, CoRE
              * OpenWSN release 1.14.0 (http://openwsn.org)
              * F-Interop 6TiSCH Test Suite release 1.0.0 (http://f-interop.eu/)
              * 2nd F-Interop 6TiSCH Interop Event (June, Paris)
          * [13:40] draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol-12 (Xavi Vilajosana)
              * goal: status update, check if the draft should move on
              * [**Pascal**] it is now in the hands of IESG
              * no particular action asked to WG
          * [13:42] draft-chang-6tisch-msf-02 (Simon Duquennoy)
              * ASF is merged into MSF (draft-02)
              * Three types of cells: the minimal cell, autonomous cells,
              "dedicated" cells
              * Autonomous cells are allocated based on EUI64 address
              * Boot sequence is changed (See Section 4)
              * "Pending bit" is used to handle traffic bursts
              * [**Pascal**] if no ACK is received?
              * [**Simon**] the stream ends
              * [**Thomas**] now, it's ready for the adoption process?
              * [**Pascal**] after one week window to discuss, start the process
              (on ML)
              > Action item: **chairs** to open a 1-week WG adoption call for
              draft-chang-6tisch-msf.
          * [13:53] draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-06 (Malisa Vucinic)
              * implemented in OpenWSN, which works with an implementation based
              on Contiki OS at the Interop event
              * 7 reviews were received from WGLC
              * the global time draft by Xavi extends a format defined in the
              minimal security
              * CBOR structures were optimized for overhead
              * [**Tero**] do we want to support other modes of keying?
              * [**Malisa**] initial intention: map the structure on what 15.4
              defines
              * [**Malisa**] we can add a new struct to accommodate for special
              cases, but let's keep the current struct as is, as they optimize
              for the most common case
              * (will continue this discussion on ML)
              * Added support for 6LBR pledge
              * Rekeying in order to update keying params at runtime
              * [**Thomas**] in IETF 101 we decided to explore the option of using
              FETCH. Outcome?
              * [**Malisa**] correct, but there were issues, proposed solution
              now is to expose /j
              * Working Group Last Call review
              * [WGLC comments 1/10]
                  * Working with CoRE WG to explore the best solution for
                  Stateless-Proxy
              * [WGLC comments 2/10]
                  * [**Tero**] JP might want to have a blacklist to prevent unwanted
                  traffic from unauthorized/joining nodes
                  * [**Pascal**] It could be done internally
                  * [**Malisa**] decision whether to blacklist or not should be
                  done centrally, i.e., at JRC not JP
                  * [**Thomas**] is this mechanism or policy?
                  * [**Thomas**] extensions proposed by Malisa really are
                  extensions. The draft can move forward without them.
              * [WGLC comments 7/10]
                  * Nonce re-use issue. Will resolve on ML
                  * Jim: came up with an idea; will share it on ML
              * [WGLC comments 8/10]
                  * It's about a very specific use-case
                  * we don't need to take this into account with this draft
          * [14:39] draft-ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-zerotouch-join-02 (Pascal Thubert,
          on behalf of Michael Richardson)
              * explains the current status briefly
          * [14:41] draft-richardson-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon-00 (Pascal
          Thubert, on behalf of Michael Richardson)
              * call for adoption was mid-June, no objection
              * draft it is adopted now
              > Action item: **Michael Richardson** to publish new IETF -00 version
              of draft-ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-zerotouch-join.
          * [14:43] draft-vilajosana-6tisch-globaltime-01 (Xavi Vilajosana)
              * [**Pascal**] is there any dependency on -minimal?
              * [**Xavi**] there is
              * Will discuss how JRC can map ASN and the global time in a future
              6TiSCH meeting
          * [14:47] draft-munoz-6tisch-multiple-phys (Jonathan Munoz)
              * problem statement draft: how should a mote handle multiple PHYs?
              * notion of neighbor changes depending on PHY
              * timeslot duration varies depending on PHY
              * also channels, datarates etc. vary
          * [14:54] retransmission algorithm IEEE 802.15.4-2015 (Yasuyuki Tanaka)
              * report on ML discussion on IEEE 802.15.4 retransmission algo
              * 802.15.4md group is currently revising 802.15.4
              * [**Tero**] plan for IEEE is to have this out by 2020
              * [**Thomas**] process to get comments in?
              * [**Tero**] maybe some formal process, not sure. In any case,
              send comments in to me, will put them in.
          * [14:58] status of the 6lo fragmentation design team (Thomas)
              * no time
          * [14:59] Any other business?
              * no other business raised
          * [14:59] Meeting ends
          
          



Generated from PyHt script /wg/6tisch/minutes.pyht Latest update: 24 Oct 2012 16:51 GMT -